The following announcement was written by Findmypast:
Explore over 200 years of history this Findmypast Friday.
Spanning 1874-2016, Findmypast have added over 90,000 additional burial records from Birmingham.
The Birmingham cemeteries and crematoriums covered in these latest updates are:
- Handsworth Cemetery, 2008-2011
- Key Hill Cemetery, 1937-2009
- Lodge Hill Cemetery, 1905-2011
- Lodge Hill Crematorium, 1951-2011
- Quinton Cemetery, 1874-2011
- Sutton Coldfield Cemetery, 1906-2011
- Sutton Coldfield Crematorium, 2012-2016
- Warstone Lane Cemetery, 1950-2007
- Yardley Cemetery, 1894-2011
- Yardley Crematorium, 1952-2008
Burial records can reveal useful information about your ancestors including their names, ages, when they died and where they were laid to rest. Importantly, they sometimes also feature the names of other family members.
Scotland, Forfarshire (Angus), Dundee Death Index 1990-1993
Listing those who died in Dundee in the early ‘90s, discover essential family tree information with this useful collection. Areas covered include:
- The City of Dundee
- Liff & Benvie
- Mains and Strathmartine
- Monifieth North
- Burgh of Monifieth
You can use the records to discover names and addresses, along with birth and death dates.
Scotland, Ayrshire Census & Population Lists 1801-1831
Discover Ayrshire ancestors, their ages, addresses, occupations and more with this early 19th-century resource.
Before the 1841 census, enumerators mainly provided statistical returns. Some of them, including those in Ayrshire, also kept lists of householders and their details. Find out more about the history of the UK Census with our go-to guide.
Burton Observer and Chronicle, covering 1911-1949 and 1951-1979, and Boxing, covering 1909-1912, are brand new to our newspaper collection this week.
Findmypast have also updated six papers with extra editions as follows:
- Civil & Military Gazette (Pakistan) from 1894, 1906 and 1910-1912
- Halifax Evening Courier from 1914, 1935-1937 and 1944-1958
- Daily Mirror from 1945 and 1952
- The Halesworth Times and East Suffolk Advertiser from 1887 and 1900-1926
- Bromyard News from 1955-1960
- Marylebone Mercury from 1938