The National Genealogical Society 2023 Family History Conference gives genealogists and family historians of all levels the insights necessary to take their research and writing to new heights and make exciting new discoveries.
Join us at the Greater Richmond Convention Center or Online at Home!
Learn the latest from the best speakers in the genealogy community. Discover what genealogy companies are bringing to market. Gain insights from genealogy societies and organizations throughout the United States. Attend your choice of more than 110 lectures and special luncheons. Have fun at the SLAM! Idea Showcase reception and Expo Hall opening. Celebrate Virginia’s deep roots with a special Friday evening event sponsored by the Virginia Genealogical Society.
Designed for family history researchers at all levels ─ beginner, intermediate, and advanced ─ the conference lectures feature:
- records and repositories in Virginia and neighboring states
- resources and techniques for researching African American, Indigenous Peoples, Jewish, and other ethnic groups
- local and federal government records including military, tax, and land records
- the use of DNA to help determine relationships
- methods to analyze and evaluate evidence
- and much more.
Keep checking the NGS website for updates and new information as it becomes available.