The following announcement was written by Findmypast:
Findmypast adds new transcribed birth, marriage and death newspaper notices for England
Over 200,000 make up this collection of transcribed newspaper birth notices, making it easier than ever to find your ancestors in black and white. Spanning across England, they have a particular focus on Lincolnshire, and also include snippets from the newspapers themselves. In addition to the birth, it’s often possible to read about parents, godparents, addresses and more.
Go beyond traditional marriage records with these marriage notices. You might uncover wedding guests, gifts, and even details of what the happy couple wore. There are nearly 700,000 records in this collection with additional snippets from the original newspapers.
The largest new collection this week contains over 1.8 million death notices. It may be possible to discover short obituaries, funeral details, occupations and residences.
Over 100,000 pages have been added to the newspaper archive this week, with one new title and 26 updated titles.
- Birmingham Journal, 1840
- Carmarthen Journal, 1998
- Chatham News, 1986-1987
- Crewe Chronicle, 1991-1992, 1997
- Crosby Herald, 1992
- East Kent Gazette, 1989
- Folkestone, Hythe, Sandgate & Cheriton Herald, 1991
- Glamorgan Gazette, 1981
- Heartland Evening News, 1992
- Marylebone Mercury, 1997
- Merthyr Express, 1988
- North Star (Darlington), 1919
- Nottingham Evening Post, 1969, 1987
- Paisley Daily Express, 1993
- Plymouth Extra, 1988
- Port Talbot Guardian, 1990
- Rossendale Free Press, 1988
- Runcorn Weekly News, 1995
- Shepton Mallet Journal, 1974
- Southall Gazette, 1977
- Stafford Post, 1992
- Tamworth Herald, 1998
- Walsall Observer, 1955
- West Lothian Courier, 1987
- Winsford Chronicle, 1977, 1996, 1998
- Wokingham Times, 1994