The following announcement was written by Findmypast:
Discover your ancestors’ school days in thousands of new records and explore the latest updates to Findmypast’s newspaper archives this Findmypast Firday.
National School Admission Registers
Findmypast have added thousands of new school records from Halifax, Yorkshire spanning 1859-1922 to there ever expanding collection of British school records.
Search these new additions to gain rare insights into your ancestor’s childhood and reveal their birth date, admission year and the school they attended. You may also discover their parents’ names, father’s occupation, exam results and any illnesses that led to absence from school.
This latest tranche of school records is published in partnership with the Family History Federation and Calderdale Family History Society. The schools and years covered are:
- Haugh Shaw, 1892-1922
- Akroyd Place Board School, 1896-1919
- Heath Grammar School, 1874-1875
- Halifax School Board, 1859-1884
- Halifax Technical College, 1902-1910
Now containing over 9 million records, the National School Admission Registers & Log-books collection is the result of a landmark project between schools, record offices and archives in England and Wales. Never before have so many organisations come together to create a digital version of their records. This is an ongoing project to scan and transcribe school admission registers and log-books from around the country.
Does your heritage lie in the UK’s largest county? Findmypast’s Yorkshire collection is second to none. Delve into millions of parish records, 90 regional newspapers and so much more.
Hot off the press, the latest papers to join the Findmypast newspaper Archive are:
While 18 publications have been updated with additional content covering the following date ranges :
- Bolton Free Press from 1836-1841 and 1847
- Bury Free Press from 1995-1996
- Diss Express from 1991
- Fenland Citizen from 1990-1992
- Fleetwood Chronicle from 1846-1849, 1851-1873, 1875-1876, 1889-1894, 1925 and 1948
- Flintshire Observer from 1857-1895, 1897, 1904-1911, and 1913-1914
- Glossop-dale Chronicle and North Derbyshire Reporter from 1872-1894, 1911
- Grantham Journal from 1994
- Kent Messenger from 1912
- Lynn Advertiser from 1989, 1991-1992
- New Milton Advertiser from 1991
- Newark Advertiser from 1991
- Newmarket Journal from 1976-1977, 1994-1996
- Oxford Chronicle and Reading Gazette from 1873, 1896, 1899, 1903, 1907, 1913, 1915
- Saffron Walden Weekly News from 1996
- Shetland News from 1888-1892
- Spalding Guardian from 1881-1884, 1887, 1890, 1892
- Suffolk and Essex Free Press from 1995-1996