The following is an announcement from Nebraska's Library Commission:
Join us to hear how History Nebraska is ‘Taking History Online’ on next week’s NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, July 7 at 10am CT.
As a strategic goal of our agency, History Nebraska is undertaking significant efforts to provide access to historical collections for Nebraskans, regardless of where they live. One such initiative is to digitize our newspaper collections through a partnership with Newspapers.com. We have also been scanning microfilmed probate records from county courthouses, select manuscript collections, and some county and community histories. For years, we have been digitizing our vast photograph collections, as well as our audio/visual collections. Tune in to learn how and when we plan to make these available to the public.
Presenters: Jill Dolberg, Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer, and Lindsey Hillgartner, Digital Archivist, History Nebraska.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- July 14 –Finding Partners & Preparing Staff: Teaching Technology in the Library Series (Part 3)
- July 21 – Accessing Census Data
- July 28 –Marketing & Follow-Up: Teaching Technology in the Library Series (Part 4)
- August 4 – Small Libraries Will Save the World! Implementing Sustainability at the Library
- August 11 – The Kreutz Bennett Donor-Advised Fund: Grants to Nebraska’s Small-Town Public Libraries
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.